The 31st FOC Florida Dinner, December 3, 4 and 5, 2021
(last updated November 22, 2021)
After a pause for the COVID-19 pandemic, the 31st FOC Florida Dinner will be held at the Holiday Inn Orlando Airport December 3, 4 and 5, 2021. The hotel is a familiar venue for this event, and we are enjoying working with the new management team at this now completely renovated hotel to make this event a memorable occasion.
Rooms, which include a continental breakfast for 2 can be booked on-line at First Class CW Operators Club. The First Class CW Operators Club group code is CWS for rooms over the December 2-6, 2021 period, and the group name is simply First Class CW Operators Club.
A hospitality room on December 3,4 and 5 will provide a place for attendees to relax, visit with others, and to operate via a remote station. The hotel is conveniently located less than a mile from Orlando International Airport.
- 5:45 p.m. - meet in the hotel lobby for a short walk to the nearby Sonny's Barbeque.
- 9:00 a.m.; set up the station in the hospitality room on the main floor of the hotel; see The Florida Dinner Station section later on this page for details about the station and the call to use;
- 1:00 p.m. or earlier, if possible -- the hospitality room opens with the station available;
- 5:00 p.m. - the hospitality room closes;
- 5:30 p.m. - meet in the lobby, proceed via hotel shuttle or private car to the nearby High Tide Harry's Restaurant.
- 9:00 a.m. - hospitality room opens; bring your raffle items to the hospitality room any time during the day;
- 1:00 p.m. - the afternoon programs begin (location to be announced);
- 1:00 p.m.; Musical Jam Session by Dave W4CI, Bonnie WB4FSF and Lee W4EDE;
- 2:00 p.m.; The Bill Windle Award - Past, Present and Future? by Puck W4PM;
- 3:00 p.m.; The W3WJD/N3RS Story - How it Began and Who Were the Key Players by Sig N3RS;
- 6:00 p.m - hospitality room closes;
- 6:30 p.m. - cocktails at the Holiday Inn Bar;
- 7:00 p.m. - banquet in the Holiday Inn main floor pergola (canopy); raffle tickets will be distributed;
- After dinner - raffle in the hospitality room, conducted by Jerry KC4YDP, using the tickets distributed during the banquet;
- After raffle - announcements, presentations and a closing meeting; the hospitality room will remain open for informal gathering.
- Wild arugula salad with purple ninja radishes, walnuts, fine herbs and vinaigrette dressing
- Guinnes chocolate cake with soft, whipped caramel crème
- Coffee and tea (hot and iced))
- Delicate squash
- Wild grains
- Garlic lemon butter
- Cauliflower mash
- Grilled carrots
- Lemon sauce
- Attendees should bring a gift for each attendee. This means if you are alone, bring one gift. If you are accompanied by someone else, bring two gifts.
- Bring gifts suitable for men or women.
- Gifts may be left in the hospitality room where Jerry will arrange them for the raffle.
- During or slightly before the banquet, Jerry will pass out numbered raffle tickets. Their matches will be drawn to manage the awarding of raffle gifts and prizes from vendors.